Monday, November 16, 2009

Im serious about martial arts and fitness.Have I finally got a good and healthy fitness and eating plan?

It's so difficult to know what advice to take when theres so much out there!


I'm training to be a korean martial arts instructor as well as a zen yoga teacher. My lifestyle is very active but I've been struggling with feeding my body the right amount and things to keep it bouncing with energy.


Im 25 female of medium build, quite muscular and strong. I have curves like a woman should have...I would like to have a little less fat on my body, I want my body to be the best it can be. I realise v.low calorie diets do NOT help me.


Usual days Im training in martial arts(kicking,sequence,flying kicks,slower chigung type stuff, strength etc) for 2hours, yoga 1hour, jogging 30mins,horse riding 40mins. So now Ive decided to add resistance work with hand weights or bands and a ball plus adding press ups/sit ups and sprint work inside jogging time plus some capoera moves for gymnastic flexibility. Phew. With 6 small meals and lotsa water.


Is this going to bring my body to it's best?


Any ideas?

Im serious about martial arts and fitness.Have I finally got a good and healthy fitness and eating plan?
Vegetables(raw or lightly cooked), Fruits (max 3 per day due to sugar), WHOLE grains (1 or 2 servings a day), lean proteins, whey shakes, half your body weight in ounces of water per day, beans, nuts (1-2 tblsp), also consider taking a multivitamin with added calcium
Reply:Calories are important, but you want to consider "what" you eat, not just how much. Fruits, Vegetables have many vitamins that will help keep your energy up, and are low calorie. Lean meats are an essential to a workout diet, and the more complex you can make your carbs, the better. (few sugars, "whole grains" etc)


Good luck.

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment