Saturday, November 14, 2009

Work / Martial Arts in Japan?

Hello-





I am an American with questions regarding work and martial arts in Japan. I greatly desire to relocate to asia and study martial arts with every ounce of free time I find available. I was curious what kind of employment opportunities I could find in Japan as well as the odds of getting trained by a good master considering I am a westerner. The ideal goal would be no work and just train but I don't think that will pay for food and what not :) Thanks for any responses.

Work / Martial Arts in Japan?
I don't know about begin the best in the world.


But when it comes to stand up, I heard Okinawa karate is good. I went there to see for myself and most of the guys there were able to break a wooden board with their toes, punch through a brick, and etc.


I also heard this place called pancras(I'm not sure with the spelling) is good. That place is suppose to teach you how to grapple and do stand ups.
Reply:Why go to Japan? The best martial arts schools are in the West. Try Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, MMA if you want to really learn to fight. Why go all the way to Japan to learn some fairy BS that doesn't work?





RE: your additional comment - what do you mean ... ? the styles i mentioned might have originated from Japan, but they are still an improvement over the traditional Japanese styles. In fact, the only Japanese styles i have any respect for are Judo and maybe traditional Jiu Jitsu - but only a bit because too many Judo/JiuJitsu schools waste too much time on Katas and other non sense. Trust me try MMA, you wont regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment